Stay in touch with all the latest news from Insurance Doctor. Read about news in the insurance industry as well as learn about tips on road safety and maintaining your vehicle. Find valuable information on our website. At any time, you can request a free auto insurance quote on-line or on the phone. It only takes a few minutes.
Do you ever shop around for car insurance? Do you interview potential agents to make sure you are getting the best car insurance policy for the best value? No matter what your driving record is, you should take the time to interview several car insurance agents before making a final decision.
Here are six important questions that you should ask a car insurance agent before buying insurance:
1. What discounts do you offer? Ask about safe driver discounts, good student discounts and multiple car discounts. How does one qualify?
2. What factors will impact my premium? Understand the different factors that can effect your premium before you buy car insurance.
3. How convenient is it to report a claim? Find an agent that has 24/7 claim reporting. Your insurance agent should be available when you need them, not matter what time of day or night.
4. Are there convenient payment options? Your agent should offer different payment options that are convenient to you.
5. Do you have an office? It’s nice to be able to speak with your insurance agent face-to-face if you want to. If your agent is only available on-line or on the phone, you may be sacrificing some service benefits.
6. Do you insure property other than cars? It is more convenient for one agency to hold all of your policies and there maybe discounts available to you if your agents insures your car and your home.
Purchasing car insurance is a huge decision and you should take the time to ask each potential agent these important questions. Look for a company that has a good reputation and has longevity in the industry. Contact Insurance Doctor if you are looking for car insurance. We can talk to you on the phone or come into one of our convenient locations.
If you have been looking for additional ways to save money, look no further than your car insurance policy. Most people do not review their automobile policy annually. In many cases, it pays to review your automobile policy periodically to look for additional discounts.
Some key ways to save money on your car insurance include:
Maintain a good driving record
Cover all of your vehicles on the same automobile insurance policy
Take a defensive driving course
Install a car alarm in your car
Pay for your car insurance premium in one payment
Drive a car with anti-lock brakes and/or air-bags
Another way to save money that you may not have thought of is to combine your insurance plans with one company. For instance, get your automobile and home owner’s insurance from the same insurance company. This can possibly offer some additional savings. Insurance Doctor offers multiple insurance options:
Call Insurance Doctor if you have any questions about saving money on insurance. We can provide quotes for both your vehicle and home insurance needs.
At Insurance Doctor, we take a different approach to car insurance. Our goal is to make make finding car insurance easy and affordable for you. That’s what we’ve been doing for twenty five years.
Here are a few ways we make a difference:
We can help up get the discounts you deserve. Being a good driver can qualify you for additional discounts. We can help you find and get those discounts.
Pay on your own terms. Pay by cash or credit card. Pay in monthly payments by direct bill or EFT. The choice is yours.
If your driving record is less than stellar, it’s alright, we can still help you. We only review the last three years of your driving record. Most companies review the last five years.
Our 24 hour claim service makes us available when you need us.
We work around your schedule. We are available days and evenings, on-line and on the phone.
Get a free quote from Insurance Doctor. Let us save you time and money.
Summer vacation is just around the corner and you might be planning a long distance car trip. If so, Insurance Doctor wants to make sure you are safe on the road and ready for your long distance trip.
Here are ten tips to help you plan and prepare for your road trip:
1. Make sure you have the contact information for your car insurance company in case you need to contact them while on your trip.
2. Service your car.
3. Check your spare tire and make sure your car jack works properly.
4. Make sure you have a road emergency kit with jumper cables.
5. Have a spare set of car keys.
6. Have a road map or atlas to back up your electronic GPS system.
7. Check local events and landmarks along your destination route that you may want to stop and see.
8. Check for possible discounts on travel through on-line discount sites and auto memberships. Make reservations ahead of time.
9. Don’t forget the charger for your cell phone.
10. Try to avoid driving in rush hour traffic in unfamiliar cities.
OK, so your driving record is less than stellar. You have a speeding ticket or two and your insurance has gone up. Don’t despair. Even if you must accept a policy with higher rates for now, you can work on improving your driving so that you can qualify for discounts on your auto policy in the future.
Here are a few tips to get you back on the right track:
- Stop speeding. Speeding tickets are the number one reason drivers wind up with poor driving records. Observe local speed limits at all times.
- Take a defensive driving course. This can possibly lower your insurance rates and make you a better, more educated motorist.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to reach your destination. Leave yourself enough time to arrive even if you encounter highway delays.
- Don’t let yourself become aggravated by other drivers; don’t fall victim to road rage. When you stay calm you can better cope with unexpected traffic and other drivers.
- Keep your vehicle up to date on inspections and in good working order. This will help you to avoid fines.
- Maintain a safe following distance behind other vehicles on the road. This can help prevent fender-benders that can hurt your driving record.
Call Insurance Doctor if you have questions about your driving record and insurance. We can work to find you the lowest possible rate for your automobile insurance.
With the price of fuel going up day by day, every little thing that you can do to improve your gas mileage will help. At Insurance Doctor we have some good ideas on how you can get a little better gas mileage on your car.
Keep your engine tuned up. A well tuned motor gets better gas mileage.
Keep your tires properly inflated. Under inflated tires cause more resistance to the road and impact your gas mileage.
Change the oil in your car regularly. Also use a good quality engine oil that has a friction reducing oil additive.
Take out items that you are storing in your trunk or in your car. Reducing the weight in your vehicle will improve your gas mileage.
Use the cruise control on your vehicle whenever you can.
Don’t speed. The faster you go, the less mileage you get on your vehicle.
Keep your windows closed if at all possible. Leaving your windows down reduces your gas mileage when compared to running the air conditioning.
Avoid stop and go traffic by taking another route or try to travel during less congested times.
Remove accessories from your car that you are not using such as the luggage rack or ski rack. These items lower the aerodynamics of your vehicle.
Do you want something free? Do you want something free that might save you even more money? If so, then get a free insurance quote from Insurance Doctor. Within just a few minutes we can provide you with a fast and competitive insurance quote for your vehicle.
At Insurance Doctor, we understand the hassle of shopping for car insurance. That’s why we research companies to find great rates and coverage for you. Our job is to find you the best automobile insurance coverage for the best possible price. And it doesn’t stop there. In order to keep the price as low as possible on your policy, we are continuously watching changes in the insurance industry.
Getting a quote is free and it’s easy. Request your quote either online or over the phone. In most cases, we can provide you with a quote in less than five minutes and sometimes it’s even faster on-line. Let Insurance Doctor do the work for you!
Click here for your free quote:
It is unusual this day and time to find an insurance company who can handle all of your insurance needs, but it is possible. Insurance Doctor provides great rates and coverage for the insurance you need when you need it.
Insurance Doctor offers insurance coverage for:
Our goal is to find you the best insurance coverage possible at the best rates. To do this, we shop multiple companies looking for great rates and coverages that best meets your needs. We do our research and spend the time on the phone, not you, finding you the best possible deal.
We make it easy. Either come into one of our offices in Virginia or North Carolina or request a free-on-line quote. It’s that easy! Call Insurance Doctor today to get your free insurance quote for all of your insurance needs.
Yikes! What happens when you miss an insurance payment? Will your policy be canceled? You should check your personal auto policy section regarding termination and cancellation conditions. It will explain when, how, and for what reasons your personal insurance coverage will be terminated.
Every state has its own rules regarding policy cancellation of your automobile insurance. If you neglect to pay your premium in a timely manner, your insurance company has the right to cancel the policy after giving you at least 10 days notice. The notice of cancellation will be mailed to the policy holder with the date and time that the cancellation will take effect. Even if you are only one day late with your payment, you run the risk of cancellation.
That being said, some insurance companies may not immediately issue a cancellation notice. You may simply receive an overdue notice, asking you to pay the past-due premium plus a late fee. If you policy is cancelled it may be possible to have your coverage “reinstated” by paying the overdue premium and, in some cases, an additional sum.
Contact Insurance Doctor if you have questions about the cancellation policy on your automobile insurance policy.