Questions that may help you save money with auto insurance:
Are you doing everything you can to save money on your auto insurance? Use this check list to help you find out. You may learn new ways to save money — without making sacrifices in your coverage.
- If you have more than one automobile, are they all on the same policy?
- Have you taken a defensive driving course?
- Do you have a car alarm?
- Are you married?
- Do you own your home?
- Are you willing to pay for 6 or 12 months of your policy in full in one payment?
- Do you have a good driving record — accident and violation-free?
- Do you use public transportation, carpool or take other steps to minimize the amount of miles you drive?
- Does your automobile have anti-lock brakes and/or air-bags?
- Are you aware – and taking advantage of special discounts offered by your insurance company or agent?
- Have you had auto insurance without interruption for six or more consecutive months?
- Does your carrier get quotes from competing insurance companies every year at least 30 days prior to your policy renewal date to be sure you are getting the best possible deal?
- Has it been more than three years since your last traffic violation?
- Have you recently had a birthday, or will you have one in the next 30 days?
- Do you have a checking account that you can have your monthly payment drafted automatically versus receiving a bill each month?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, you may be paying too much! Let’s find out.