Summer vacation is just around the corner and you might be planning a long distance car trip. If so, Insurance Doctor wants to make sure you are safe on the road and ready for your long distance trip.
Here are ten tips to help you plan and prepare for your road trip:
1. Make sure you have the contact information for your car insurance company in case you need to contact them while on your trip.
2. Service your car.
3. Check your spare tire and make sure your car jack works properly.
4. Make sure you have a road emergency kit with jumper cables.
5. Have a spare set of car keys.
6. Have a road map or atlas to back up your electronic GPS system.
7. Check local events and landmarks along your destination route that you may want to stop and see.
8. Check for possible discounts on travel through on-line discount sites and auto memberships. Make reservations ahead of time.
9. Don’t forget the charger for your cell phone.
10. Try to avoid driving in rush hour traffic in unfamiliar cities.